Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bitchin'

Signing up on JobStreet is much less emo than signing up on JobsDB. Apparently JobsDB treat you as a machine. When registering, it asks for your job function. Somehow the word 'function' doesnt seem right. Under the scrolled down list, there are Accounting, Admin/HR, Banking/Finance, Beauty Wellness Health Fitness, Building Construction, Design, Education and so forth. Of course the only thing im eligible for is Fresh Meat. Creating a account in Jobstreet is more gratifying as they ask about your education. I was very happy to see that History is available as an option in the field of study. JobsDB is more keen on your work exp / ability. Jobstreet tackle this by asking me to indicate my job preference as well as job location which include regional countries and those further afield. I think JobDB want to separate the Fresh Meat and those with exp, hence its Job Function in the registration. Doing JobDB after Jobstreet, I was expecting a similiar format like the latter, but well guess not. Anw like what Ivan said, I cant really expect a flashing bold search entry term/field that screams FASS History major.....

No comments: