Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Musings

I have the odd sense of deja vu every once awhile. I had it when I went to the new hawker centre near Rj's place. The yellow front of the stall and the view of its immediate surroundings seemed familiar, mind u i have only walked past it before, outside by the road, never walk thru the stalls. Playing a scene in the game Army of Two seemed familiar too, the scene on the screen being framed by the television, at the exact angle i was standing to view it.......
Most of them (the deja vu flashbacks) i suspect are just memories reasserting themselves on everyday scenes, creating a sense of deja vu. But having such sensations when visiting places u never been before is just weird. The Army of Two eg is something like that. I dream alot and most are very plausible day to day scenes, but scenes I have never seen before. Most of us cant control our memories, hence those with photographic memories are most well known. Its just hard to access our memories like that. Time is increasingly not a key factor in retaining our memories, esp in deciding the clarity of each memory. i think there is a threshold, when memories get resolved of their timescale. it kinds of disturb me why some of my memories arent as clear as others despite their relative importance. My memories do not invoke a sense of being / involvement when I tried to relive them. Its like the film camera 'dilemma', u are just viewing a screen, a movie of sorts. And since much of time is now spent on looking at screens and videos of others. Its like ur mind is just viewing the screen of your eyes, the third person sensation. The tune out feeling....

No comments: